Wednesday, October 10, 2007

BABY!!!

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. I also realize that my last posts have been freakin boring because they don't have any photos. I'm going to try to remedy this problem by making this post as freakin awesome as a fight between a Ninja and a Pirate!


Anyway, as you may have guessed from the title, Kiley and I had a baby this summer. Seeing a baby born sure makes me glad I don't have lady parts.... Now back to the story. We had a baby girl, and we named her Hadley Kae McDonald. She was born on June 2, 2007. She weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces, which was more than we though she would weigh because she was premature. She was 3 weeks early, but she was perfectly healthy so we were able to take her home after a day and a half in the hospital. I was so proud of Kiley.

This is a picture of Hadley at about a month old:


Here's another picture of her right after her blessing:

And now she's about 4 months old, and she's so big!


Since my last update, I went to work for a law firm here in Las Vegas during the summer. That was a kick-a$$ experience. We were really excited when the firm gave me an offer for employment to work full-time once I graduate and take the bar. I realize that this means we won't be able to move back to Utah for a while, but it does mean that my financial future is secure which is more important to me than moving back to the promised land. We're trying to recruit friends to come down to live in Vegas with us. You know how MONEY it is down here, so you should all come join us. We could party at the El Cortez all the time.

Now back to my job.. This is a picture of the building I work in.

It's not a very good picture, but you get the point. The building is big and shiny and I have a nice office with a big and shiny leather chair. Pretty much everything there is big and shiny.

Kiley and I don't have really big plans for the near future. Kiley is in retirement right now, which is nice because she can stay at home with the baby. Hadley is the cutest and best baby in the world. That's right, she's better and cuter than your babies and I can prove it.

I'll finish this off for now. Hopefully I'll start posting more frequently so you guys can keep up on the inner-workings of my mind. If you'd like to debate whether a Pirate or a Ninja would win in a fight, feel free to do so in the comments. That is all...

3 comments:

Audra said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME!! Glad to see some pictures of the babe. She is beautiful, and congrats on the big shiny office..do you ever get distracted. I tend to get distracted by shiny objects.

Linds said...

Hey Kiley!!! It's Lindsey (VanOrden). Your baby is beautiful..CONGRATS!!! Babies are the best...huh. Sounds like life is treating you great! I'm so excited I got to see your blog..keep me posted!

Unknown said...

Definitely the pirate. When did ninjas start using light sabers?