Monday, November 10, 2008

Dear Hadley-


Let me be honest, you are driving mama nuts with your waking up at 5 a.m. every morning! This is causing marital problems. You are so dang cute but when I say, "Do you love mommy?" will you please stop shaking your head NO. You tell Daddy you love him. Also when you are in time out, that is NOT the time to make mommy laugh. I put you in there because you hit lately, and when you are in there it is NOT the time to play peek a boo, or head stands.

I love when you are eating something you don't want you don't throw it on the floor anymore but instead find me and spit it in my hand. I love when we put you in your high chair you fold your arms, bow your head and say a few words. I love that you think its funny to call daddy "baby" and then you laugh. I love that you like to push on peoples noses and say "beep beep". I think its funny now (not in the moment) when you stand up in the tub, look at me and say "ought oh" then look down and poop.
I love you,
love mom

14 comments:

Crouch6 said...

How can you ever be mad at that cute little face! Ha ha. That made me laugh. Very cute.

Shelise said...

I was totally laughing when I read this. Hudson WILL NOT say mama, or mommy. He says dada and daddy all the time but pretty much doesn't give me the time of day. She sounds like a little rascal. Hudson's newest thing is climbing on the table and the piano. Seriously he's starting to make me crazy. I love him, but man he's a handful. Hadley is seriously so cute.

Shelise said...

Oh and p.s. I love the piece of furniture your TV's sitting on.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

This is the story of my life, too!

Love the letter. Might steal that idea one day.

Another Blog... said...

cute little had!! i love that i can see parts of your new house! how's next monday night lookin' for FHE?

*/ Jillian said...

So cute Kiley! Totally know the feeling.... like tonight, oh it's 10:30 my kids are awake and I just finally gave up, threw my hands in the air and said stay awake!

Lesley said...

Oh that little stinker! She is way too cute! Love the "little things" that make your world go round.

Erin said...

That makes me laugh! Gotta love it when kids know they are in trouble and then decide it's time to make faces or say something cute to make you not mad anymore! Ammon once said to me "Mom, I think Dad's bringing you home flowers tonight", I said why? He said "So you won't be mad anymore!" Kids are sooooooo smart and catch on too quickly!

Rapunzel said...

I love this post!!! So so cute. Maybe she needs a friend named Crew to come and visit her:)

Mark and Niki said...

Oh I love those moments that drive you nuts at the time but then end up being the moments that you cherish the most...besides waking up at five that just sucks! What a cute idea to blog the letter so she will have it later!!Way to go! I love you!!

Unknown said...

If they weren't so dang cute!

Josh and Brittany Van Orden said...

Oh my gosh... that was the sweetest thing ever. Other than it made me laugh too... sorry to hear that she is giving you some grief, but least she is so dang cute that you can't be too mean. Love ya girly and stay in touch

Kenz said...

Are you trying to make us cry or what?! What a good mom you are! That's such a cute idea to write to your kids and let them know your feelings and frustrations, even though they can't read.

Anonymous said...

I too love the idea of a letter. It may help to vent frustration on those really rough days. But I cried and laughed, because we are at the same stage. Although I hope we never get to the poop in the tub stage.