Monday, February 25, 2008

Bling-Bling!

Well I finally did it! I got Hadder's ears pierced! It took 6 long months to talk Brandon into it and talks of getting him a new computer. It actually started when we talked about having kids. I never really thought it would be an issue and that people really freaked out about it. All of you who are not married I'd suggest bringing this issue up! It could be the deal breaker! Just kidding. My mom did mine when I was a baby and I don't remember them ever hurting me and I like it that way!
So here is how I justify it for all of you who don't agree with us. -She doesn't know she has ears yet! That way they can heal, stay clean and she won't touch them.-Hopefully no one will call her a boy anymore! (There are really stupid people out there! She'll have on a bow and people will still ask what our little guys' name is) -She's little so she won't remember this. I've been hearing all sorts of stories of girls who have to wait until they are older and it hurts so they end up just taking them out. Or like the lady who works with Brandon, her niece got hers done when she was nine and the first ear hurt so she wouldn't let them do the other one! For months she walked around with one earing! Thats more cruel than just doing them both when she's younger!!

Her is our "happy" before picture! I'll be honest, this is the part where I had some guilt! Thanks Kristine for being a good support to both of us!


This is right after they did it. I had everything waiting for her. A bottle, binky, a cookie, her marker she likes, and that stuffed dog they let her play with.

And this was after! She only cried for a minute and then she was laughing and being herself!


18 comments:

Shelise said...

Kiley I totally agree with you. Me and my sister were both 2 when our mom had them done. I am so glad too. I will totally get them done young if I ever have girls. Plus its one more battle you dont have to fight with them when they get older. I never have understood the whole wait until your 12 or whatever. If they are going to get them done eventually whats the point in waiting. ok im done rambling on. lol They look so cute!! She is adorable.

Crouch6 said...

She did so good! I think it's best to do it when they are little too. What little girl isn't going to want earrings when they get older.

Dave and Natasha said...

I agree with you too! I got mine when I was 6 months, and I haven't ever had any problems with mine and can't remember them hurting, so I'm glad I had mine done when I was little, I also agree that what little girl won't want them done eventually? I would have gotten Aaralyn's done when she was younger, but since she had problems with her head being miss shappen, I didn't want to accentuate her ears looking different by having earrings. They look good now, and after seeing this it makes me want to do them, but now I don't know if she would be too old. Ya know, when they are really little they don't pull at them, but I'm affraid that if they hurt that she would pull at them and want to take them out. I don't know, what do you think? (she's almost 2)

Erin said...

She looks so cute!

Lesley said...

I love it. I know, it is traumatic for mom but they are okay and you will love it.

The Richards Family said...

I agree with you. I really do not see anything wrong with it. I just think people want to do it they way they had it done. For example: I remember being so so so excited to get my ears pierced. It was the best day ever. I still remember every detail and I was 7! Because of that, I want London to feel that excitement. But that does not mean the thought of doing it now has not crossed my mind. But Jason and I have decided to wait.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I don't really have an opinion. I agree with your mentality but my mom made me wait until I was 11 and that was kinda fun because it was something to look forward to!

She does look cute with them!

The Roe Family said...

my mom made me wait so i'll probably make my girls (if i ever get any) wait. but it's just like shots and i'm a firm believer in immunization.

familyof4 said...

Woo-Hoo, you did it! They look cute!

Crazy Lifferths said...

They look sooo cute! I guess I don't really have an opinion either way...but she does look adorable!

Luke and MaKayle said...

I love pierced ears on baby girls! I'm still trying to decide when to do Kaisa's. I had to wait until I was 8 but don't agree with that. I might just wait until she decides she really wants them so that it's her decision. I just don't know though cause they're so cute on babies!

Also, I got a new blog and added you to my list of blogs...is that okay?

Another Blog... said...

Oh I was so hoping to see her cute little lobes! How fun! Scary but fun! If I get a girl, I'm doing that, and you are coming with me!!

Dave and Natasha said...

Hey guess what? You inspired me to bug Dave about getting them done. Originally he just said she could get them when she could ask for them, but after seeing your page and how well she did with them he said OK! So we went and had them done the other day! They look so cute on little girls! I'll have to post some pics on my blog soon. Thanks for the courage!

Brandon & Keia Blake said...

Hello my love! How are you? I miss you! We need to come down and hang out again but actually hang out longer then lunch! I'll talk to you soon!

Cami said...

Oh she looks so cute! love it! hey thanks, we are excited, I still just keeping saying.. wow we are going to have 2 soon! but we can't wait! So what's new with you? when you guys coming to utah? or at least this way... provo/SLC? I want to see you!

*/ Jillian said...

yeah!!!! I told you just a little persuasion would do the trick. she looks so cute!

Shauna said...

who thinks getting their ears pierced hurts? i got mine pierced at 21 and they didnt even hurt not even a little bit. EARRINGS FOR EVERYONE!

i have some hoops or some dangly ones she can borrow...

Prentiss said...

She looks so pretty! I love that she has a favorite marker! That is so cute.