Monday, August 31, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date

Kiley decided to take off for the weekend, so I stayed home to take care of Hadley. I thought it would be a good opportunity to bond with my daughter since I don't get to hang out with her a lot during the week while I'm working. So I decided to take her out on a daddy-daughter date Saturday night.

Hadley loves Finding Nemo and she loves "fishies" so I took her first to the Bass Pro Shop to see the big aquarium in the Silverton. As we were on our way I said, "Do you want to go see the fishies?" And she replied "Go to fishies' house!" Here's a couple pictures of Hadley looking at the aquarium. (I didn't have my camera with me so I took all these pics with my cell phone camera, which explains the poor quality).



I wish the Silverton would move the bar away from the aquarium. There's always tons of kids hanging around the aquarium and the people at the bar don't seem to care that their cigarette smoke lingers over so everybody at the aquarium can inhale it with them.

The problem with taking kids to see something they love is that they never want to leave. Luckily Hadley loves castles as much as she loves fish. So after dragging her out of the Bass Pro Shop I took her to the Excalibur to see a "real" castle. We parked on top of the parking garage where we could see the castle really well. She loved it.


She didn't want to leave there either. As I tried to put her back in the car she freaked out and kicked her shoes off, so I put her down and let her run around the top of the parking garage in her bare feet. Normally I wouldn't let her do that, but since it was her date, I figured I'd let her do whatever she wanted.



Finally I was able to bribe her to get into the car with promises of a green Slurpee. What date would be complete without treats from 7-Eleven?

After running around the Excalibur parking lot, Hadley's feet were pretty dirty. This picture makes her feet look huge:

Overall I'd say it was an excellent date. Plus it only cost me$2.57.

Kiley wanted me to add that I also got Hadley ready for church Sunday morning by painting her toenails and doing her hair. I'd say that I did a good job, except apparently I put her dress on backwards. Fortunately nobody noticed but Kiley. Who puts buttons on the front of a dress? Come on! The best part of Sunday morning while I was getting Hadley ready was when she looked at me and said "Daddy cute." I love my baby.

13 comments:

Rissa and Jared said...

Way to go Brandon! We had a great time with Kiley--I think Michelle had an especially cozy ride home with her.
You did such a great job with Hadley, we'll have to take girls trips LOTS more often!

The Roe Family said...

that is the cutest post i've ever read. what a great daddy. i'm totally with rissa we'll have to take girl trips more often so you can bond with your daughter. post pics of the bed

Karley said...

Ki-how do you really feel about bare baby feet on Las Vegas asphalt? Only dads can do stuff like that-huh! Super cute!

Erin said...

Wow... I'm really impressed! I want one of those weekends. Was this the weekend you went to LA?

Crazy Lifferths said...

Ah that is so adorable! Brandon being all mushy and stuff! Sounds like she had a blast. I am sure Ki loved those dirty feet on her couch!! HAHA.

Kim said...

I love the post! I am sure Hadley had a blast. Those will be memories she will have forever. Lance especially liked the fact that you put how much it cost. You and Lance would get along great!! That comment was right up his alley.

Tobler's said...

That is the cutest ever! I lam super impressed he painted her toenails. What a good daddy!

Max Fam said...

brandon - you're making us all look bad. love, maxfield (and by maxfield, I mean dirthouse slut.)

Tere Shake said...

Ha soo cute! way to be an amazing father! She is getting so big i cant even believe it!

Our Little Family said...

Oh Brandon! You are the cutest daddy ever!! Hadley is so lucky to have such a fun dad like you! I'm glad you had a fun weekend being Mr. Mom! :)

Brittany Barnes said...

Brandon, you are the man! I have a guy that takes his little girl on a date once a month that comes to my store. To see her with him and how happy and special she feels, I highly recommend you keep this a routine. Hadley will remember it forever! You are awesome!

erica said...

everytime i look at your blog and see pictures of that cute hadley i just see you! she is your twin! how fun.

The Harbertson Family said...

Painting toenails? Going to see castles? And topping the night off with a coke and a slurpee! I'm gonna predict that you and Kiley are gonna have like 6 girls. It'd be a waste to have a daddy like you not have all girls. Way to go B-hole. You're still a great date.